This post is by Bernie Carr, apartmentprepper.com
Welcome to another Monday Musings, where we share interesting links about all things preparedness, as well as updates on the blog.
First the blog updates…
A few days ago, I had written about increasing storage space in a small apartment, and this week we are in the decluttering stage. This time we are looking at every item closely: If it has not been used in the last year, out it goes. At the same time, we are also trying to raise some cash.
How to Make Money on Clutter
- Hold a garage sale. I think we may have some restrictions on holding garage sales in our building so I will try to sell online as much as possible.
- Sell DVDs and CDs online – try www.selldvdsonline.com or http://www.secondspin.com/ I have not sold anything yet as we are still gathering items, but these two seem to be recommended by several money saving sites, so I am going to try one of them soon.
- Sell books on Amazon.
- If the book does not sell on Amazon, I am going to take them to a local bargain bookseller for credit, and choose new books to read.
- List furniture on Facebook pages of community garage sale sites.
- Any items that do not sell will be donated.
Most of these were bought during my free-spending days. As I price these items, I realize how little they are worth compared to the initial purchase price. But at least getting something is better than hanging on to stuff that is no longer used.
As I get extra funds from these efforts, I hope to apply them toward paying off debt.
Now for the links…
It’s been a couple of weeks since my last Monday Musings post – this week I have lots of great links for you.
Take care and have a great week everyone!
© Apartment Prepper 2015