This post is by Bernie Carr,
I thought I’d just share this quick post with you so you can be better prepared for higher prices soon to come. As our attention is riveted by news about Hurricane Dorian affecting the Northeast, what we’re not realizing is how some parts are the country is still suffering from previous months flooding disaster in the Midwest.
Many farmers are still unable plant and ranchers have not recovered from their livestock losses.
As a result, be ready for higher prices on:
- dairy products
Watch the following video for more details on how farms are still coping:
How do you deal with higher prices?
- Learn to grow food – even growing herbs in an apartment balcony can help you learn to garden and save a few dollars.
- Purchase in bulk – split the bill and quantity with friends or family members
- Repackage meats and produce; freeze for later use. Use a food sealer to keep your food fresher longer. I noticed a lot more variety since I reviewed one.
- Take advantage of sales and stock up.
- Learn canning, dehydrating and other methods to preserve food.
This article is not meant to alarm you, but to inform you so you can best prepare your food budget and storage.
If you found value in the article, please help us keep this site free by supporting Apartment Prepper on Patreon. Click here: https://www.patreon.com/apartmentprepper No worries if you are not able to, I’ll still keep writing!