A little less than a month ago, I posted about “A Gap in My Preparedness” http://wp.me/p1dmhM-iR when I realized an emergency can happen while I am far from my home where I have most of my preparedness supplies.
Since then I have carefully chosen a few items to keep with me at all times. Each item is useful enough to keep around, even if there is no emergency. Here they are in no particular order:
- Solar watch – I decided to switch to a watch that runs on solar power, as I got tired of having to buy new batteries every time.
- Paracord bracelet
- Taser/flashlight – I posted about getting this as a gift (see http://wp.me/p1dmhM-g4). Because this is illegal in some states, I would not carry it while traveling
- Pepper spray
- Tiny First aid wallet – has various sizes of band-aid, pain reliever, diarrhea and allergy medicine
- 8 oz Bottled water
- Small granola bar, 1-2 pieces of candy, gum
- Multi-tool, safety pin
- Small wallet that includes ID, insurance information, debit card and $20 cash
I keep the purse organized and clean out old receipts and papers weekly to keep it light and not overly stuffed.